More share buttons

Chennai: Jayalalithaa recover after Surgery after last night heart attack


Tamil Nadu chief minister J Jayalalithaa who admitted in Apollo hospital in Chennai, suffered the heart attack last night, now recovered from a critical condition. She had a heart surgery today morning, her party AIADMK reported.

Doctors are confident and told earlier that there is no need to worry. Her party spokesman CR Saraswathi told, “we are telling cadres don’t worry. God is with Amma, she will come back. Definitely, she will be ok.”  She was under anglo procedure this morning with the supervision by expert doctors.

Jayalalithaa, popularly known Amma had a severe heart attack on Sunday evening and she was put on an extracorporeal membrane heart assist device, a life support system that aids heart and lung functioning.

A team of doctors from Delhi’s prestigious AIIMS has been rushed to Chennai on the request of Apollo Hospital, Chennai where chief minister has admitted, quoted by Union Health Minister JP Nadda.

However, Apollo Chennai has not put out a medical update this morning. But hospitals Sangeeta Reddy quoted last night that Amma is critical and closely monitored. The hospital is trying every possible step for her recovery. Prayers from different parts of the state are going on.

Many supporters gathered outside the hospital for Amma or mother as Ms. Jayalalithaa is known to her millions of fans, have gathered weeping and praying.There are police security and barricades lying outside the hospital.

Many Tamil Nadu ministers, top  bureaucrats, Ms. Jayalalithaa’s close aides Sasikala and Sheela Balakrishnan, a former chief secretary and adviser to the chief minister spent the whole night in the hospital.

Governor of Tamil Nadu C Vidyasagar Rao who was in Mumbai also flew to Chennai on Sunday evening after a conversation with union Home Minister Rajnath Singh and 10 minutes later he was in the hospital.

Governor made no statement since he briefed the union home minister.

J Jayalalithaa admitted in the hospital on September 22 under medical supervision. In the beginning, she had dehydration and fever, said by the party. But doctors later said she had an acute lung infection and was on respiratory support.

Fortunately a few days ago she was about to leave the hospital because she was well and preparing for the return home.


Share on Pinterest

Leave A Reply