Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa was admitted to Apollo Hospital in Chennai after she suffered a heart attack last night. She has now recovered from a critical condition. She had a heart surgery today morning, her party AIADMK reported.

Doctors were confident and told earlier that there was no need to worry. Her party spokesman CR Saraswathi told, “we are telling cadres don’t worry. God is with Amma; she will come back. Definitely, she will be ok.”  She was under Anglo procedure this morning with the supervision by expert doctors.

Jayalalithaa, popularly known as Amma had a severe heart attack on Sunday evening and she was put on an extracorporeal membrane heart assist device, a life support system that aids in heart and lung functioning.

A team of doctors from Delhi’s prestigious AIIMS has been rushed to Chennai on the request of Apollo Hospital, Chennai where the Chief Minister was admitted, quoted by Union Health Minister JP Nadda.

However, Apollo Chennai has not issued a medical update this morning. But hospitals Sangeeta Reddy quoted last night that Amma was critical and was closely monitored. The hospital is taking every possible step to her recovery. Prayers from different parts of the state are going on.

Many supporters gathered outside the hospital for Amma (mother).  Millions of her fans have gathered outside the hospital weeping and praying. There are police security and barricades lying outside the hospital.

Many Tamil Nadu ministers, top bureaucrats, Ms. Jayalalithaa’s close aides Sasikala and Sheela Balakrishnan, a former chief secretary and adviser to the Chief Minister spent the whole night in the hospital.

Governor of Tamil Nadu C Vidyasagar Rao who was in Mumbai also flew to Chennai on Sunday evening after a conversation with Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh. After landing in Chennai, he was immediately in the hospital.

The Governor made no statement since he briefed the Union Home Minister.

J Jayalalithaa was admitted to the hospital on September 22 under medical supervision. In the beginning, she had dehydration and fever, said by the party. But doctors later said that she had an acute lung infection and was on respiratory support.

Just a few days ago she was about to leave the hospital as she was well.