Kashmiri protesters clash with Indian army soldiers near the site of a gunbattle in Pulwama, about 35 Kilometers south of Srinagar, Indian controlled Kashmir, Saturday, Aug. 26, 2017. At least two gunmen entered a police camp in southern Pulwama town firing guns and grenades at the sentry, said Director-General of police S.P. Vaid. (AP Photo/Dar Yasin)

SRINAGAR: As per a recent news in Srinagar, a teenage girl, including three civilians were killed in Jammu and Kashmir’s Kulgam on Saturday when security forces opened fire at stone-throwing protesters.

“The security forces opened fire after an army patrol came under attack in the Redwani area of Kulgam in south Kashmir. A search operation was underway for terrorists in the area, some reports said”.

All the innocents killed in this incident were residents of Hawoora in Kulgam and were identified as Shakir Ahmad, 22, Irshad Majid, 20 and 16-year-old Andleeb.

Reports even suggest that the incident took place as soon as Army officials came across stone-throwing protestors on the streets of Khudwani, Kulgam.  As the protestors were throwing stones over the Army Officials so this made them open fire at them between the mob.

Besides those killed in this brutal act, there were more than 10 protestors who were even injured in the clashes and some of them faced bullet injuries as well and were than immediately taken to the hospital, news agency IANS reported.

“It’s a massacre. The forces are on a killing spree and fired indiscriminately at protesters,” said Hurriyat chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq.

“Three civilians died in the clashes and three others suffered firearm injuries,” said a police official.

Later when everything came under control, the area remained tense and was further continued by more protests on the streets.

“Mobile internet services were suspended in Kulgam, Anantnag, Shopian and Pulwama to curb rumours and more protests”, said one of our sources.

Regarding this NN Vohra, Governor, Jammu and Kashmir have organized a high-level meeting in order to justify the deaths and the injuries that took place in the incident from the army and the police, sources said. Senior officers of the army have also been informed in order to attend the meeting in Srinagar.

The incident took place when a Valley-wide shutdown was organised by the separatists in order to protest the NIA move to shift the “ailing” Ms Andrabi and her two aides to New Delhi. The separatists allege she is being “framed in false cases.”, says some of our sources.

After a shutdown in the valley, which was a result of this horrifying incident there has been a noticeable impact on the normal life of the people residing in the valley as most of the markets, offices and educational institutes remained closed.  Besides this regarding the incident  Authorities have detained some of the top separatist leaders, including Syed Ali Geelani, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, and Yasin Malik.