The Chinese smartphone manufacturer OnePlus is going to launch a new flagship device OnePlus 5 next week. But the company has not forgotten its earlier flagship models OnePlus 3 and 3T. It has, earlier, pushed many updates to these devices to enhance their functionality. Now, the company is going to release another update OxygenOS Open Beta for OnePlus 3 and 3T. This update weighs about 75MB and is going to hit the devices globally in next few days. The company has released two separate versions for the two flagships. The update version for OnePlus 3 is 18 and the one for 3T is 9.
The company has made it clear that the new OS Open Beta will not bring new apps and features to these devices. Instead, the update will fix all the bugs found in previous versions. The only application updated in this new update version is the OnePlus Community App. The newer version of the community app is V1.9. Here, one thing worth mentioning is that the update hits your device in OTA form only if you are running the previous build. The other users can download it from OnePlus downloads page along with instructions for flashing it.
As this new update is all about bug fixes, we will give these in details. Following are the bugs fixed in this update package.
- The very first bug fixed is the duplicate notifications. Earlier, any new notification used to hit the devices more than once.
- The company has also fixed the app locker issue in many devices.
- Earlier, some users of these devices also complained of wrong battery percentage. The new build also fixes this issue.
- There were also some display issues related with OnePlus font and weather applications. Both these display issues are now fixed in this update.
- Hotspot was also showing problems in displaying the network speed and sending third party data. This new update will fix this issue also.
- And last but not least, the camera also failed to open at times. Now, the users can enjoy the instant opening of the camera for photography.
The update will take one or two weeks to reach all the devices.